Baking Adventure

Both Cyndie and I have noticed how the lighter color of the new deck boards catches our eye with a false perception of snow covering the deck, especially at night. It happened to me last night, on a trip to the bathroom, except on the way back to bed, the view out the window revealed a white covering over everything.

This morning there is a light frosting on the landscape. Sure is nice to have the deck project completed.

We’ve adjusted by moving our adventures indoors. Cyndie’s favorite bakery in Hastings, Emily’s, prepares an almond danish coffeecake that has inspired Cyndie to try making one herself. My contribution was to build her a fire in the fireplace and standby to test taste.

I am happy to report her first try of enacting a combination of old recipes uncovered online turned out delicious. Cyndie said one she found was posted by a very old-looking grandma who wrote the recipe had come from her grandmother.

It felt like olde-time baked goods. It tasted like historical goodness. Almost made me want to have coffee with it.

But I don’t like the taste of coffee. That would have been a real adventure for me.

November 2, 2019 at 9:47 am

1. I agree, it was a success and absolutely delicious. I am enjoying the slice she sent home with me right now, but I defiantly having coffee. Cheers

George G Walker

November 3, 2019 at 7:11 am

2. 😋I’m salivating 😋 Cyndie is forever inspiring❣️💗

Judy

November 2, 2019 at 11:12 am

• She has no fear of tackling new things! It’s very rewarding when they work out so well.

November 2, 2019 at 2:03 pm

• Yum! That looks delicious! I’m about to take on a kitchen cooking adventure today, too. It feels like that kind of day. She’s indeed a great inspiration. 🙂

Elysa

November 2, 2019 at 5:57 pm

• I love that you have picked up her kitchen bravery!

November 3, 2019 at 8:06 am