Long Time

It has been a long time since I did a jigsaw puzzle at home. After visiting Judy’s and Mary’s houses over the holidays and seeing their puzzles in progress, I felt a renewed motivation to get out one of my own again. Luckily, I had a very special new puzzle in my queue.

For the first time ever, I’m building a puzzle of a picture that I took. Elysa had this made for me as a gift after I mentioned that I thought the image would make a great jigsaw puzzle.

I’ve only spent a little time on this so far, but already I can sense the difference of studying pieces of an image that I captured. The location is a northern Minnesota forest on land owned by our friends, Mike and Barb Wilkus. We were hiking through the woods on a beautiful fall day and I stopped to snap a shot of the small lake surrounded by trees.

I’m going to love working on assembling this puzzle.

It will become a battle of wanting to make quick progress even though I also don’t want the project to end soon.

I suspect this will be a puzzle I have no problem assembling over and over again, although I feel it also deserves a turn or two up at the Wilkus cabin. Hopefully, both scenarios can be achieved over time.

That part of my brain that loves jigsaw puzzling is very happy indeed, especially because it’s been a long time since I’ve built one.

Maybe even more so, because I stood in this very spot.

January 15, 2020 at 7:00 am

1. This is one of my favorite photos and taken by a good friend! Happy puzzling.

Mike

January 15, 2020 at 9:43 pm

2. I love tamarac trees and you really captured their beauty. There is something mystical and beautiful, too, as the fall/winter sun shines into their needles and makes them glow. Nice picture!

frisshop

January 15, 2020 at 9:36 am

• Thanks, Barry! I’m loving reconstructing it piece by piece. 🙂

January 15, 2020 at 9:45 am

3. Spectacular picture ~ Wonderful gift 💝
    🧩Happy Puzzling 🧩

Judy

January 15, 2020 at 9:33 am

• Thank you! I would enjoy assembling it on your high table for puzzling where I could walk around to better spot pieces. [envy…]

January 15, 2020 at 9:42 am

4. That is a beauty! Puzzle space was a priority as we planned our downsized place!

Mary

January 15, 2020 at 8:21 am

• Yes, there is something precious about good puzzle space. I do like being central to activity, so the old family table works great for me when we won’t be needing it for serving meals.

January 15, 2020 at 8:37 am