This Weekend

I’ve run out of things to say about this record-setting string of February snow storms. I refer you to my favorite weather blog, MPR’s Updraft, for a description of the next wave expected to dictate my weekend activities.

This efficient snow producer comes with wind this time. Blowing and drifting snow will be an issue Saturday night and Sunday. Warnings run all the way to the Mexico border in southeast Arizona.

NOAA

Last night, I re-plowed the drifted edges of the driveway to open it back to full width, and cleaned up the snow rubble left by the township plow, in preparation for doing it all again on Saturday.

While I was down by the road, I re-attached our mailbox that had been blown off its base for the umpteenth time by the powerful snow wash that rolls off that big plow blade.

I wish my little replica blade on the ATV could throw snow like that beast can. Would it hurt him to slow down some as he reaches my driveway, to take some of the oomph out of that blast of snow?

Apparently, it would. He shows me no mercy.

February 22, 2019 at 7:00 am

1. Could’ t you make a lean-to for the mailbox? There are a couple of houses I drive by that make an A-shape cover (made of wood) over their mailboxes.

katiegirl06460

March 2, 2019 at 7:56 pm

• Hey, that’s a smart idea. Thanks! I’m going to give that some thought.

March 3, 2019 at 8:23 am

• Let me know how it comes out.

katiegirl06460

March 3, 2019 at 8:48 am

• It is definitely something I would write about, and would probably happen in the fall. The key will be revisiting the local ordinances dictating what is allowed to be built on the right-of-way of township roads.

March 3, 2019 at 9:36 am

• oh. that’s a good point maybe different in your region then here. The ones I have seen are on the pieces of land in front of homeowners residence and they are supposed to be taken care of it (the curb>

katiegirl06460