Two Perspectives

This weekend’s snowfall was certainly a pretty one. There was an interesting combination of stickiness and blowing. The tops of the trees didn’t hold the snow, but the lower trunks and branches sure did.

If you’ve watched my photographic tendencies for a few years, you are probably familiar with my penchant for close, full-frame images, as well as my pattern of including one feature for accent.

Especially, leaves.

This little specimen was irresistible for the fabulous character of the fancy edges.

That wonderful leaf caught my attention because of the way it blew across the top of the snow and then just settled down in this spot, as if it was waiting for me to take the picture.

Thankfully, it stayed around long enough for me to capture it from a second perspective, which brings those fancy edges to life with added dimension.

I don’t think these two should ever be displayed one without the other. Two wonderful perspectives on one fancy leaf.

December 3, 2018 at 7:00 am

1. Moving from the flatland to the third dimension.

Jim Parker (@drjparker)

December 3, 2018 at 9:27 am

2. Love the photos! Is that your “rock balance project” in the third? With a healthy snow covering? Whatever, I love that composition! And I agree: they should be shown as a pair.

wtbell

December 3, 2018 at 8:35 am

• Thanks, Ward. Hah, that object in the background isn’t a rock balance, it’s an eagle statue that we found buried under bramble when doing some renovations years ago. We asked the sellers if they wanted it, and they said we could keep it. We relocated it up by the end of the driveway near the house.

December 3, 2018 at 8:44 am

• Hailing to your eagle! A transcending sense of presence:-)

December 3, 2018 at 9:20 am

• Thank you, Ian. It certainly felt mystic when we stumbled on to the find, and then even more special when it was generously gifted to us to keep!
        Too bad the eagles are now seen as such a threat to our chickens, after recent close encounters…

December 3, 2018 at 11:22 am