Another Guess

It’s back! As predicted, in celebration of ten years of “Relative Something,” everyone’s favorite image guessing game is once again resurrected. It’s simple to play. All you need to do is guess what is depicted in the image below.

Do you trust your first impression, or ponder the possibilities? Can you hold off long enough to wait for the answer to come to you, or will you look for the solution right away?

You are in charge, but it is strongly recommended you come up with some kind of guess before clicking on the image to find out what this could possibly be. Guess your best, and enjoy the mental exercise! What do you see?

Mystery Image

March 19, 2019 at 6:00 am

1. Hey John, I finally presented the “Guess What” picture and here are the polled comments from 7 classes-
    1. Sprite
    2. Carbonated water
    3. Hand sanitizer ( I had several in each hour guess this correctly)
    4. Frog or fish eggs was a common guess
    5. Water under a microscope
    6. Bubbles in a decorative storm glass predictor
    7. Water bubbles
    8 Mercury bubbles (their reasoning was that the bubbles looked silvery)
    9. pearls
    10 marbles
    11. hair gel
    12. molecules of some kind
    13. water vapor over boiling water ( this from one of my 7th graders)
    14. a photographer dropped marbles and took close up pictures as they bounced
    15. One kid said “a crystal ball with balls in it like my grandma has”
    16. little marbles in clear glue

The best part about the fish egg guess was after I revealed the answer, the student commented, “Why are there fish eggs in hand sanitizer?” We all looked at the kid, and watch awareness flicker across his face as he shook his head, looked down at his desk, smiled, and said, “duh”. So glad my kids know how to laugh at themselves; they always provide a few moments of amusement.

Jennifer I Alexander

March 25, 2019 at 6:36 pm

• What a treat! Thanks so much for this, Jennifer. I’m gonna laugh about fish eggs in hand sanitizer for a long time. I’m thrilled with the variety of perceptions. Inspires me to come up with a new “Guess What” image soon!

March 25, 2019 at 7:11 pm

2. We guessed carbonated beverage 🥴

Judy

March 19, 2019 at 6:46 pm

3. Can I use this as a fun exercise in my classroom??? My middle school students will love it.

Jennifer I Alexander

March 19, 2019 at 12:17 pm

• For sure! I’d love to hear some of their guesses. If you click the “Guess what” tag in the bottom margin, you will be able to see all the past versions I have posted, too. Use ’em all!
      (Great to hear from you, Jennifer. Look forward to riding with you in June!)

March 19, 2019 at 12:34 pm

• I planned on recording their answers to let you know what “whacky” ideas they create. I look forward to seeing you guys in June too. 🙂

Jennifer I Alexander