Who’s Counting

Who’s counting? Apparently, I am. Today marks the 10-year anniversary of Relative Something. My first post here was March 15, 2009, after my son, Julian, recommended that I create a blog to chronicle my planned trek in the Himalayan mountains to best share my stories of the great adventure for friends and family to follow.

I’ve posted almost every day since.

Now, on this anniversary, I’m faced with a computer problem that has me stuck poking letters on my phone to compose these thoughts. It’s humbling, to say the least.

The barn has flooded and I am brooding after trying futilely to influence the water to drain around instead of through.

There is a new lake where our back pasture used to be.

The troublesome weather has sapped my energy.

We are back to dealing with icy conditions, as the temperature has dropped below freezing once more.

I had visions of composing some deep review of what ten years of writing daily has been like for me.

Instead, I’m now wondering if this ten-year milestone might be a time for closure on this chapter of my daily memoir project.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Please stand by.

March 15, 2019 at 6:00 am

1. Keep blogging! Just one man’s opinion…

Barry Friswold

March 15, 2019 at 10:35 am

2. Congrats on 10 years of blog🎉 hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as your audience has 🥰
    So for ten years I have loved starting my day with you and that would be a habit I would miss❣️ As you well know “change is good” ~ we’ll be Minnesotan’s again in about 6 weeks, starting our new chapter of life!
    Will be cheering you on no matter what you do 💞

Judy

March 15, 2019 at 10:16 am

• Thank you for starting your days with me! Here’s to our next chapters… 🙂

March 16, 2019 at 10:15 am

3. Oh…I would miss your posts very much! Maybe a weekly post instead? 😏 And congrats on 10 years…that is quite an accomplishment! Also, Happy Ides of March (beware!)…😂

Liz

March 15, 2019 at 7:01 am

4. NOOOOOOooooo! I would miss this so much! 😢 We would need to get together much more often….
    ….maybe NOT so bad? Your call – I will support you no matter what😘

Marebare

March 15, 2019 at 6:57 am

• Hopefully, we can do both!? I am so lucky to have your unending support. Thank you!

March 16, 2019 at 10:14 am