Grazing Again

There is a jarring amount of stupid that is getting mixed in with the amazing and sacred energy to which we have access these days. It all flows right over the top of us. We dash headstrong into it. It sashays past when we aren’t paying attention. Sometimes it just lays there and waits to be noticed.

The brilliant, the inspiring, the spectacular light of pure love, and then some dingy gunk getting smeared around with reckless abandon.

Have you ever noticed how some people are able to move through the gunk without allowing it to leave a mark, while others end up covered with it? There are some from the latter distinction who even thrive on the mess and seek out more.

All this energy, the good and the other, is like the air we breath. Many people don’t ever think about breathing, and similarly, many people don’t pay attention to the energy, both from within as well as from other sources.

It is very helpful to notice energy if you are interested in becoming teflon to the gunk.

However, it usually takes more than just noticing. I recently enjoyed some success using what we learned from our horses, along the lines of getting “back to grazing.”

After any of our horse’s many instances of practicing critical evacuation maneuvers when they run emergency response drills, they have a remarkable ability to quickly return to grazing, as if nothing dramatic had just occurred. It’s a skill that I have come to cherish.

It’s a skill I would like to master for myself.

I’ve been practicing, and when I am successful, it works wonders. Consciously choosing to instantly give up whatever just triggered a critical response, and becoming fully aware of my breathing and energy –to return to love and a healthy mindset– is truly life-changing.

Yeah, teflon to the gunk.

November 17, 2017 at 7:00 am

1. Good to see you staying centred, John – of course, writing makes for that if you set yourself up for it as you do each and every day.

November 19, 2017 at 10:20 am

• I’m pleased to see you again, Ian! You know well the blessings of living among and caring for animals to help keep one centered. Yes, my daily writing is a conscious step to augment this on my quest for optimal health!

November 19, 2017 at 11:16 am

• Mine, too, although nowhere near as complete. You have got it down to ‘a fine art’ as they say. You are there everyday no matter what. Great going and truly admirable if not inspirational. Yes, you make me realise that I need to reconnect more… thanks for ‘spelling’ this out for me.

November 19, 2017 at 1:07 pm

• 🙂 It can be a struggle some days to mine the depths for content worthy of my readers’ time.
        It is important to me to bring something new every day, but not at the expense of value to readers, I do hope.

November 19, 2017 at 5:55 pm