Progress Marches

One small step for Cyndie, one giant leap toward mobility without chronic joint pain. Yesterday, the visiting physical therapist rather quickly had Cyndie leaving behind the walker and using a cane to stroll around the house. Moments later, she was caning her way up and down the stairs to our basement.

It was fascinating progress to witness. What a blessing to have the guidance of the therapist to keep our patient moving forward with exercises and activities.

With a nod to the title of this blog, progress is relative. From an overall perspective, there is not a lot happening at Wintervale lately. I find myself repeatedly struggling with the decision of what I want to write about. At the same time, the progress Cyndie is experiencing toward recovery and rehabilitation seems huge. I’ll take that.

Whether we notice or not, progress is marching along.

December 10, 2014 at 7:00 am

1. We are so happy Cyndie is getting better very fast! All our love to both of you!

C´Ubuntu

December 10, 2014 at 10:49 am

• Thank you, Dunia. We treasure the love you give. You are so in tune with her!!

December 10, 2014 at 4:23 pm

2. How about some reminiscing of your early years? I always love those!!! You know, the ones about the fabulous family you grew up in….. 😉

Mary

December 10, 2014 at 9:36 am

• Thanks for the inspiration. I’ll see what comes to mind with a little contemplation of the good ol’ days. (Probably not getting slapped around by the Ropers with David in our chicken coop clubhouse when Judy Healy (sp?) was baby sitting us. Luckily, I don’t remember that.)

December 10, 2014 at 4:22 pm

• Funny to hear Judy Healy’s name again! She’s the one that gave me the “Tall Book of Fairy Tales” that Liz had posted about!!! It was signed ‘Judy’ so Liz assumed it was from my loving sister. You know, how we were always giving each other gifts??? (I don’t think it ever crossed our minds!) Ha Ha!

Mary

December 11, 2014 at 9:33 am

• I remember one gift I was given, in particular… A Monkees album.

December 11, 2014 at 11:44 pm