Modern Miracle

I will admit to generally taking modern conveniences for granted, but I have a whole new respect for the modern miracle of joint replacement. IMG_4154eCyndie is looking great, just one day after having a bone in her leg sawed off and a metal rod forced into the end of it. Sure, she is experiencing residual discomfort, but she reports it as mainly feeling like tenderness of the muscles around her hip and pain from the incision.

I joined her for lunch yesterday and was able to witness her first session of occupational therapy. They are teaching her how to dress herself and move around while protecting the new hip, something she must do for the next 6 weeks of the healing process. No crossing the legs!

If a person decided to ignore every word I write here and just looked at the pictures, they would probably draw the wrong conclusion after seeing this image and the one of her upside down pickup truck, just one week apart.

Her physical therapist was rather shocked to hear of the recent rollover accident, when asking for Cyndie’s recent history.

Many thanks to all who have been sending us love from afar of late. Cyndie is absorbing it all and progressing wonderfully, just a day after completion of this miraculous modern medical procedure.

November 19, 2014 at 7:00 am

1. We are excited to hear Cyndie is recovering well after successful surgery. We will hope and pray for continued speedy progress. Maybe she will be dancing with John by Christmas! That may mean some procedures for John (dancing lessons).

Mike and Barb Wilkus

November 19, 2014 at 10:52 pm

2. Yay!!!

Cynthia

November 19, 2014 at 9:26 am

3. Fabulous!!!

Mary

November 19, 2014 at 8:54 am

4. I am so happy for Cyndie, please give her a hug! All my love and energy!

C´Ubuntu

November 19, 2014 at 8:31 am

• I will gladly pass on your hug. Thank you for the precious love and energy. It works wonders!

November 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm

5. WHAT ! I must have missed a post or two. Hadn’t heard of the accident. Glad all is well and that Cyndie is on the mend.

mnf1fan

November 19, 2014 at 7:19 am

• That can happen if you skip a chapter in the otherwise pretty straightforward story. Good to see you catching up. I thought I might have lost ya! Thanks for checking in.

November 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm